The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 1550: Tax-exempt Cigarettes
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Evers
Tax-exempt Cigarettes; Authorizing agents and wholesale dealers to sell stamped and untaxed cigarettes to tribal business entities; repealing provisions relating to the sale of tax-exempt cigarettes to members of recognized Indian tribes; authorizing tribal business entities to purchase stamped and untaxed cigarettes from agents and wholesale dealers; requiring a certificate of authority to own or operate a tribal smoke shop, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 211
• Introduced -SJ 211
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 04/10/14, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 510
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 512
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 510
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.