HB 5601: Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Subcommittee ; Workman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Eisnaugle ; Gaetz ; McBurney ; Renuart
Taxation; Clarifying and updating which services are included under the definition "prepaid calling arrangement" and subject to a sales tax; providing for an additional tax on charges for, or the use of, certain electrical power or energy and the rate for such tax; increasing the amount of tax credits that may be granted for certain approved programs; providing for a sales tax holiday for certain Energy Star and WaterSense products; providing an exemption from the sales and use tax for sales during a specified period of certain tangible personal property related to hurricane preparedness, etc. APPROPRIATION: $547,901.00
Last Action: 5/14/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-38, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 805 (Ch. 2014-132), HB 5001 (Ch. 2014-51), CS/HB 7081 (Ch. 2014-40)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• Filed -HJ 382
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 382
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/02/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 432
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 445
• Passed; YEAS 106 NAYS 11 -HJ 446
• Immediately certified -HJ 452
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -HJ 452
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 453
• Received -SJ 453
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/10/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Amendments Adopted - Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Appropriations (965938); YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 697
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 697
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 926
• Amendment(s) adopted (526842) -SJ 1009
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1130
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted as amended (600438) -SJ 1130
• Passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 1132
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 1058
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (600438) -HJ 1067
• Passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 1068
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1068
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-38, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 805 (Ch. 2014-132), HB 5001 (Ch. 2014-51), CS/HB 7081 (Ch. 2014-40)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.