HB 7073: Information Technology Governance
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; McKeel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Dudley ; Young
Information Technology Governance; Creates Agency for State Technology (AST); provides for appointment of executive director of AST, who shall serve as chief information officer; transfers certain assets and authority of Agency for Enterprise Information Technology, Northwood Shared Resource Center, & Southwood Shared Resource Center to AST; establishes single state data center; revises schedules for consolidation of state agency data centers & computing facilities into state data center; provides additional duties of FDLE Cybercrime Office; repeals provisions for statewide e-mail service; provides appropriations. APPROPRIATION: $4,810,994.00
Last Action: 6/20/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-221
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 129
• Referred to Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/11/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 234
• Amendment(s) adopted (001445) -HJ 246
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 262
• Passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 263
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 315
• Received -SJ 315
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 925
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 925
• Substituted for CS/SB 928 -SJ 926
• Read 2nd time -SJ 925
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1129
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 1130
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1324
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-221
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.