CS/SB 604: Consumer Protection
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Braynon ; Bradley ; Simpson ; Negron
Consumer Protection; Citing this act as the "True Origin of Digital Goods Act"; requiring owners and operators of specified websites and online services to disclose certain information; providing for injunctive relief, etc.
Last Action: 5/22/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-53
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 73
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/02/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 160
• Introduced -SJ 73
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 160
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 155
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/10/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 190
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 190
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/25/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -SJ 259
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 259
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/08/15
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 372
• Read 2nd time -SJ 414
• Amendment(s) adopted (818438, 945620)
• Ordered engrossed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 485
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 3 -SJ 485
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 675
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Received -HJ 675
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 271 -HJ 746
• Read 2nd time -HJ 746
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 798
• CS passed; YEAS 78 NAYS 38 -HJ 798
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 656
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-53
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.