CS/CS/HB 271: Consumer Protection
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Nunez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Antone ; Artiles
Consumer Protection; Designates act as "True Origin of Digital Goods Act"; requires owners & operators of specified websites & online services to disclose certain information; provides for injunctive relief.
Last Action: 4/23/2015 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 604 (Ch. 2015-53) -HJ 746
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Civil Justice Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 26
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 03/03/15, 2:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 26
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 171
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 169
• Now in Civil Justice Subcommittee -HJ 180
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/11/15, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 216
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 216
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/09/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 2 -HJ 522
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 517
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 549
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Substituted CS/SB 604 -HJ 746
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 604 (Ch. 2015-53) -HJ 746
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.