CS/HB 7043: Standard Student Attire
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; K-12 Subcommittee ; Adkins ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Antone ; Artiles ; Campbell ; Costello ; Geller ; Hager ; Spano
Standard Student Attire; Designates act as "Students Attired for Education (SAFE) Act"; authorizes school boards to adopt standard student attire policy; limits liability for districts that implement attire policy; creates safe schools allocation to provide funding for certain safe schools activities; provides for withholding of funds from districts that do not comply with certain school safety & student discipline reporting; provides for incentive payments to school districts that implement standard student attire policies; provides appropriation. APPROPRIATION: $10,000,000
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Bill Text: PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 168
• Referred to Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 202
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/12/15, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 225
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 225
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/19/15, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 286
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 284
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 284
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 312
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 336
• CS passed; YEAS 102 NAYS 8 -HJ 336
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 325
• Received -SJ 325
• Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.