The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 7078: Child Welfare
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Child Welfare; Authorizing critical incident rapid response teams to review cases of child deaths occurring during an open investigation; requiring case staffing when medical neglect is substantiated; requiring an epidemiological child abuse death assessment and prevention system; providing intent for the operation of and interaction between the state and local death review committees, etc.
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Submitted for consideration by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 04/02/15, 11:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Referred to Fiscal Policy -SJ 378
• Introduced -SJ 378
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/20/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 439
• Read 2nd time -SJ 524
• Amendment(s) adopted (165228, 315116, 725524) -SJ 524
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 526
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 618
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 618
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 873
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/15
• Received -HJ 872
• Read 2nd time -HJ 903
• Substituted for CS/HB 7121 -HJ 903
• Amendment(s) adopted (525329, 597643, 756353) -HJ 903
• Amendment(s) failed (555083) -HJ 904
• Read 3rd time -HJ 904
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 1 -HJ 904
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 3 amendment(s) (525329, 597643, 756353) -SJ 758
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 760
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 760
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-79
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.