The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 7125: Postsecondary Access and Affordability
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee ; Porter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Rogers
Postsecondary Access and Affordability; Limiting applicability of state apprenticeship and job-training program requirements with respect to certain provisions for veterans, minority persons, and women; revising provisions relating to textbook affordability to include instructional materials; revising the program standards for career, adult, and community education programs; creating the Florida Apprenticeship Grant Program within the Department of Education to provide grants to specific centers and institutions for the creation of new apprenticeship programs or the expansion of existing apprenticeship programs; creating the Rapid Response Grant Program; creating a University System Performance-Based Incentive to be awarded to state universities that meet certain criteria, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Higher Education
Bill Text: PDF
- Higher Education (HE)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 297
• Referred to Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 343
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/31/15, 12:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 354
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/09/15, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 506
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 503
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 522
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 730
• Amendment(s) adopted (066133, 246885, 614749) -HJ 730
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 785
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 786
• In Messages
• Referred to Higher Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 655
• Received -SJ 655
• Died in Higher Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.