SB 666: Voter Identification
GENERAL BILL by Legg
Voter Identification; Expanding the list of acceptable forms of identification for certain voter registration applicants to include veteran health identification cards, licenses to carry a concealed weapon or firearm, and certain government-issued employee identification cards, etc.
Last Action: 4/1/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-167
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Rules -SJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 12/01/15, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Now in Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security -SJ 126
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 01/11/16, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Introduced -SJ 48
• Now in Rules -SJ 126
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/20/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 238
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 238
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/28/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 270
• Amendment(s) adopted (264322) -SJ 270
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 272
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 284
• Passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 284
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 502
• Received -HJ 502
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Substituted for HB 505 -HJ 545
• Read 2nd time -HJ 545
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 576
• Passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 0 -HJ 576
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 521
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-167
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.