SB 824: Dual Enrollment Program
GENERAL BILL by Stargel
Dual Enrollment Program; Exempting dual enrollment students from paying technology fees; requiring a home education secondary student to be responsible for his or her own instructional materials and transportation in order to participate in the dual enrollment program unless the articulation agreement provides otherwise; authorizing certain instructional materials to be made available free of charge to dual enrollment students in home education programs and private schools if provided for in the articulation agreement; requiring a postsecondary institution eligible to participate in the dual enrollment program to enter into an articulation agreement with certain eligible private schools, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 837 (Ch. 2016-137)
Location: In committee/council (AP)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 61
• Introduced -SJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/02/16, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 303
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 303
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/24/16, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 497
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 497
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/16, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 837 (Ch. 2016-137)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.