CS/SB 1042: Judgments
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Simmons
Judgments; Providing that an execution is valid and effective during the life of the order on which it is issued; specifying that persons to whom a Notice to Appear has been issued may obtain possession of property levied on by complying with certain procedures; specifying that a jury, if not waived, should be empaneled as soon as possible after service of a Notice to Appear, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 78
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/12/16, 3:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 78
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 184
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 210
• Now in Rules -SJ 184
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/20/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 238
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 238
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/28/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 273
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 285
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 285
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 456
• Received -HJ 456
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/16
• Substituted for CS/HB 503 -HJ 476
• Read 2nd time -HJ 476
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 497
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 497
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 481
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 593
• Approved by Governor -SJ 914
• Chapter No. 2016-33
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.