CS/SB 2: Higher Education
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Galvano
Higher Education; Citing this act as the “Florida Excellence in Higher Education Act of 2017”; revising requirements for the performance-based metrics used to award Florida College System institutions with performance-based incentives; revising the Distinguished Florida College System Institution Program excellence standards requirements; requiring each Florida Community College System institution to execute at least one “2+2” Targeted Pathway articulation agreement by a specified time, etc.
Last Action: 2/23/2017 Senate - CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0
Location: Acted on by committee/council, pending report (AP)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education; Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/23/17, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education, 02/08/17, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 1
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/23/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.