CS/SB 60: Children Obtaining Driver Licenses
Children Obtaining Driver Licenses; Revising a pilot program to make it permanent; revising the applicability of the program to include children in out-of-home care; authorizing the program to pay for a child to complete a driver education program and obtain a driver license or the related costs of licensure under certain circumstances; revising a child’s transition plan to include options to use in obtaining a driver license under certain circumstances; providing that a guardian ad litem authorized by a minor’s caregiver to sign for the minor’s learner’s driver license does not assume any obligation or liability for damages, etc.
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/23/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 148
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 148
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/08/17, 2:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 149
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 149
• Introduced -SJ 42
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 138
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/16/17, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 233
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 233
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/21/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 232
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 241
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 241
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 511
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/17
• Received -HJ 511
• Substituted for CS/HB 217 -HJ 538
• Read 2nd time -HJ 538
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 571
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 571
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 394
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 500
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-8
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.