CS/SB 90: Renewable Energy Source Devices
Renewable Energy Source Devices; Revising the definition of the term “renewable energy source device”; prohibiting the consideration of just value of property attributable to a renewable energy source device in determining the assessed value of real property used for residential purposes; exempting a specified percentage of the assessed value of certain renewable energy source devices from ad valorem taxation; exempting a specified percentage of the assessed value of renewable energy source devices affixed to property owned or leased by the United States Department of Defense for the military from ad valorem taxation, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2017 House - In Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities, 02/07/17, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 147
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/21/17, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 148
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 148
• Introduced -SJ 43
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 138
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 04/13/17, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 404
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 404
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/20/17, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/17 -SJ 477
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 477
• Read 2nd time -SJ 510
• Amendment(s) adopted (469934) -SJ 513
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 514
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 0
• In Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.