CS/CS/HB 111: Pub. Rec./Identity of Witness to a Murder
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Stafford ; McGhee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Antone ; Brown ; Cortes, B. ; Diamond ; Drake ; Eagle ; Fitzenhagen ; Gonzalez ; Hardemon ; Harrell ; Ingoglia ; Metz ; Plakon ; Pritchett ; Spano ; Watson, B. ; Watson, C. ; Yarborough
Pub. Rec./Identity of Witness to a Murder; Provides that personal identifying information of witness to murder remains confidential & exempt for specified period; authorizes specified entities & parties to receive information; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemption.
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 38
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 02/08/17, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 270
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee -HJ 268
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/08/17, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 38
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 259
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 316
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 316
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/16/17, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -HJ 395
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 394
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 393
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/29/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 470
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 498
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 3 -HJ 499
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 307
• Received -SJ 307
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 397
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 397
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 550 -SJ 397
• Read 2nd time -SJ 397
• Read 3rd time -SJ 397
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 3 -SJ 397
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 716
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-11
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.