HB 1203: Pub. Rec./DOC/Health Information
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Gonzalez
Pub. Rec./DOC/Health Information; Provides that certain protected health information held by DOC is confidential & exempt from public records requirements; authorizes release of protected health information & other records of an inmate to certain entities, subject to specified conditions and; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 6/15/2017 - Chapter No. 2017-114, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1201 (Ch. 2017-31)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 127
• Introduced -HJ 127
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/21/17, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 423
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee -HJ 423
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 491
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 491
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/13/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 686
• Placed on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 843
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 884
• Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 884
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 493
• Received -SJ 493
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 646
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 646
• Substituted for CS/SB 1526 -SJ 646
• Read 2nd time -SJ 646
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 725
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 725
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1099
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-114, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1201 (Ch. 2017-31)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.