SB 2514: Health Care
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations
Health Care; Providing that a specified percentage of the cigarette tax, up to a specified amount, be paid annually to the Florida Consortium of National Cancer Institute Centers Program, rather than the Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute; creating the Substance Abuse and Mental Health (SAMH) Safety Net Network; requiring the Department of Children and Families and the Agency for Health Care Administration to determine the scope of services to be offered through providers contracted with the SAMH Safety Net Network, etc.
Last Action: 4/14/2017 Senate - In returning messages
Location: In returning messages from House
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/05/17, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 1
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 323
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/12/17
• Introduced -SJ 322
• Read 2nd time -SJ 381
• Amendment(s) adopted (211994, 559592, 796306) -SJ 382
• Amendment(s) failed (448320) -SJ 382
• Read 3rd time -SJ 383
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 383
• The Senate requests that the House pass the bill as passed by the Senate or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -SJ 393
• Immediately certified -SJ 393
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 630
• Received -HJ 630
• Substituted for HB 5201 -HJ 662
• Read 2nd time -HJ 663
• Amendment(s) adopted (087761) -HJ 665
• Read 3rd time -HJ 665
• Passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 665
• Immediately certified -HJ 677
• Passed the Senate bill as amended by the House and we accede to conference -HJ 677
• In returning messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.