SB 376: Charter School Funding
GENERAL BILL by Simmons
Charter School Funding; Authorizing school boards to levy specified amounts for charter schools at the discretion of the school board; providing that charter school capital outlay funding consists of shared local capital outlay and state funding as provided in the General Appropriations Act; prohibiting a charter school from being eligible for a funding allocation under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 4/14/2017 Senate - In returning messages
Location: In returning messages from House
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 64
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/21/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 147
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education -SJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education, 03/08/17, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 64
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 168
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 168
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 4 -SJ 331
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 331
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/12/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 392
• Amendment(s) adopted (743300, 758778) -SJ 392
• Read 3rd time -SJ 393
• Passed as amended; YEAS 28 NAYS 11 -SJ 393
• The Senate requests that the House pass the bill as passed by the Senate or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -SJ 393
• Immediately certified -SJ 393
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 626
• Received -HJ 626
• Substituted for HB 5103 -HJ 640
• Read 2nd time -HJ 640
• Amendment(s) adopted (867615) -HJ 643
• Read 3rd time -HJ 643
• Passed as amended; YEAS 76 NAYS 38 -HJ 643
• Immediately certified -HJ 677
• Passed the Senate bill as amended by the House and we accede to conference -HJ 677
• In returning messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.