CS/CS/HB 455: Tax Exemptions for First Responders and Surviving Spouses
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Ways and Means Committee ; Metz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Avila ; Cortes, B. ; Daniels ; Eagle ; Edwards-Walpole ; Eisnaugle ; Fine ; Geller ; Mercado ; Plakon ; Porter ; Spano ; Sprowls ; Willhite ; Williams
Tax Exemptions for First Responders and Surviving Spouses; Provides exemption from ad valorem taxation for certain first responders under specified conditions & surviving spouses of first responders who have died; specifies documentation required to receive exemption; provides criminal penalty for knowingly or willingly giving false information; specifies deadlines for applying for exemption for 2017 tax year.
• Referred to Ways and Means Committee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 63
• Introduced -HJ 63
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 03/21/17, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 451
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Ways and Means Committee read 1st time -HJ 446
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 463
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/18/17, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 0 -HJ 746
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 745
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 791
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 946
• Amendment(s) adopted (084959) -HJ 947
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 979
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 979
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 605
• Received -SJ 604
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 863
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 863
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 764 -SJ 863
• Read 2nd time -SJ 863
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 906
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 906
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1262
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-105
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.