SB 314: Mortgage Brokering
GENERAL BILL by Baxley
Mortgage Brokering; Providing an exemption from regulation under parts I and II of ch. 494, F.S., for certain securities dealers, investment advisers, and associated persons, etc.
Last Action: 2/8/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 193 (Ch. 2018-44) -SJ 313
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 12/07/17, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 102
• Introduced -SJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/23/18, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 220
• Now in Rules -SJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/01/18, 11:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 296
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 296
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/08/18 -SJ 336
• Read 2nd time -SJ 313
• Substituted HB 193 -SJ 313
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 193 (Ch. 2018-44) -SJ 313
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.