CS/CS/HB 455: Governance of Banks and Trust Companies
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; McClain ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ponder
Governance of Banks and Trust Companies; Revises requirements relating to financial institution experience of certain proposed directors & officers of proposed banks or trust companies; revises residency requirement of certain directors & financial institution experience of certain officers for banks or trust companies; revises instances during which bank may not own certain stock, obligations, or other securities.
Last Action: 3/21/2018 - Approved by Governor
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 11/15/17, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 255
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 250
• Introduced -HJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 01/11/18, 10:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 248
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 0 -HJ 320
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 337,338
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 345
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/24/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 399, 400
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 421
• CS passed; YEAS 107 NAYS 0 -HJ 421
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 264
• Received -SJ 264
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 406
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 406
• Substituted for CS/SB 416 -SJ 406
• Read 2nd time -SJ 406
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 433
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 433
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 768
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.