CS/HB 693: Family Self-Sufficiency
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; White ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Russell
Family Self-Sufficiency; Authorizes changes to public assistance policy & federal food assistance waivers to conform to federal law & simplify administration; requires DCF to impose resource limit for households receiving food assistance, subject to federal approval; requires CareerSource Florida, Inc., to contract with vendor to develop pilot program to increase employment for persons receiving temporary cash assistance; provides appropriations. APPROPRIATION: $4,142,525.00
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 62
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 12/06/17, 4:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 3 -HJ 259
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 250
• Introduced -HJ 62
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 249
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/14/18, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 7 -HJ 595
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 595
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/21/18, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 2 -HJ 659
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 659
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 722
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 760, 761
• CS passed; YEAS 79 NAYS 35 -HJ 761
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 569
• Received -SJ 569
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.