CS/HB 707: Campaign Finance
GENERAL BILL by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee ; Jenne ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Edwards-Walpole ; Shaw
Campaign Finance; Prohibits Governor, Lieutenant Governor, or member of Cabinet from soliciting or accepting contributions during regular, extended, or special legislative session; provides that member of Legislature is bound by rules of his or her respective house; provides penalties.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Ethics and Elections
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 62
• Introduced -HJ 62
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 01/17/18, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -HJ 362
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 361
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 359
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 02/08/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 560
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 560
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 725
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 766
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 2 -HJ 766
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 569
• Received -SJ 569
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Ethics and Elections
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.