CS/SB 1586: Energy Grid
GENERAL BILL by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities ; Simmons
Energy Grid; Requiring the Public Service Commission to hold public hearings to determine a disaster preparation and energy grid improvement plan for each public utility; requiring the commission to issue orders for the public utilities to implement their plans, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Regulated Industries
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Regulated Industries; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 179
• Introduced -SJ 179
• On Committee agenda-- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities, 01/25/18, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 228
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 228
• CS by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities read 1st time -SJ 234
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Regulated Industries
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.