SB 1940: Public Records and Public Meetings/School Safety
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Galvano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Benacquisto
Public Records and Public Meetings/School Safety; Providing exemptions from public records requirements for the identity of a reporting party and any information received through the mobile suspicious activity reporting tool which is held by the Department of Law Enforcement, law enforcement agencies, or school officials; providing an exemption from public meetings requirements for portions of meetings of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission at which exempt or confidential and exempt information is discussed; providing an exemption from public records requirements for information that would identify whether a particular individual has been appointed as a safe-school officer; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemptions; providing statements of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2018 - Chapter No. 2018-1, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 7026 (Ch. 2018-3)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Rules -SJ 410
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/01/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 409
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 435
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 435
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18 -SJ 564
• Retained on Special Order Calendar for 03/03/2018 -SJ 564
• Read 2nd time -SJ 682
• Amendment(s) adopted (172090) -SJ 682
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 683
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 705
• Passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 705
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 946
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18
• Received -HJ 946
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1002
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1037, 1038
• Passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 2 -HJ 1038
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 882
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-1, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 7026 (Ch. 2018-3)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.