HB 5201: Information Technology
GENERAL BILL by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee ; Ingoglia
Information Technology; Transfers certain powers & duties of specified sections within AST to DMS by type two transfer; requires DMS to provide AST with financial management oversight; requires DEP to act as lead agency for certain geospatial data responsibilities; revises powers, duties, & functions of AST; requires AST to develop enterprise data inventory; revises provisions relating to state data center; requires state data center & state agencies to show preference for cloud computing solutions & assist customer entities in transitioning to cloud computing services.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2018-9), HB 5003 (Ch. 2018-10)
Bill Text: PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 402
• Introduced -HJ 402
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 01/31/18, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 27 NAYS 0 -HJ 484
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 484
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/07/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 496
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 542
• Passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 0 -HJ 542
• Immediately certified -HJ 543
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -HJ 543
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 362
• Received -SJ 362
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2018-9), HB 5003 (Ch. 2018-10)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.