CS/HB 259: Comprehensive Health in Public Schools
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee ; Williams ; Plasencia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Daniels ; Joseph ; Latvala ; Zika
Comprehensive Health in Public Schools; Revises requirements for comprehensive health education in public schools to include information regarding child abuse & human trafficking; removes certain requirements for health education; provides exemption to portions of health education.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 40
• Introduced -HJ 39
• PCS on Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 460
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 457
• Original reference(s) removed: Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee
• CS referred to PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 478
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 478
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/01/19, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 555
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 555
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/09/19, 2:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 632
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 835
• Amendment(s) adopted (851627) -HJ 835
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 872
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 872
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations -SJ 498
• Received -SJ 497
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.