CS/HB 575: Direct Filing of an Information
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Bush ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Eskamani
Direct Filing of an Information; Removes references to state attorney's discretion to direct file juvenile; revises discretionary direct file criteria; removes provisions for mandatory direct file; provides for opportunity for hearing to reverse direct file; revises provisions concerning housing of children held in detention.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 67
• Introduced -HJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 537
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 530
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 550
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.