CS/HB 679: Legislative Review of Proposed Regulation of Unregulated Functions
GENERAL BILL by Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Hage ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sabatini
Legislative Review of Proposed Regulation of Unregulated Functions; Provides that certain requirements must be met before adoption of regulation of unregulated profession or occupation or substantial expansion of regulation of regulated profession or occupation; requires state agency to provide certain information to Legislature; revises information that legislative committee must consider when determining whether regulation is justified.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 75
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 02/21/19, 10:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 309
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee -HJ 295
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 03/06/19, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 74
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 294
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 352
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 352
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/14/19, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 431
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 431
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/27/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 502
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 506
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 1 -HJ 506
• In Messages
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 329
• Received -SJ 329
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.