CS/HB 203: Pub. Rec./Civilian Personnel Employed by Law Enforcement Agency
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee ; Zika ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) DiCeglie ; Latvala ; Leek ; Newton ; Sirois
Pub. Rec./Civilian Personnel Employed by Law Enforcement Agency; Defines term "home address" for purposes of public records exemptions for personal identifying & location information of certain agency personnel & their family members; exempts personal identifying & location information of active or former civilian personnel employed by law enforcement agency, & of spouses & children of such personnel, from public records requirements; authorizes certain persons to request release of exempt information in specified manner; provides for legislative review & repeal of exemptions; provides statements of public necessity.
Last Action: 4/10/2019 House - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/CS/SB 248 -HJ 602
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 36
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 02/06/19, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 296
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee -HJ 296
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 02/20/19, 9:00 am, Morris Hall -HJ 300
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 300
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 295
• Introduced -HJ 36
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/07/19, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 290
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 381
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 381
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/SB 248 -HJ 602
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/CS/SB 248 -HJ 602
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.