CS/SB 1326: Child Welfare
Child Welfare; Requiring the Department of Children and Families to establish performance metrics; requiring sheriffs providing certain services to adopt the child welfare practice model; requiring the department to establish an Office of Quality; adding responsibilities to the department of contracts regarding care for children in the child welfare system; requiring the Florida Institute for Child Welfare and the Florida State University College of Social Work to design and implement a specified curriculum, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2020 Senate - Ordered enrolled -SJ 726
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 97
• Introduced -SJ 97
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/21/20, 12:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 153
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 01/28/20, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 216
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 376
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 519
• Read 2nd time -SJ 496
• Amendment(s) adopted (216532) -SJ 496
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 504
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 536
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 537
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1007
• Received -HJ 1007
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1031
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1077
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1078
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 726
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.