CS/SB 358: Decedents’ Property
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Berman
Decedents’ Property; Specifying that precious metals are tangible personal property for the purposes of the Florida Probate Code; specifying that certain attorneys and persons are not entitled to compensation for serving as a personal representative unless the attorney or person is related to the testator or unless certain disclosures are made before a will is executed; specifying that certain attorneys and persons are not entitled to compensation for serving as a trustee unless the attorney or person is related to the settlor or unless certain disclosures are made before the trust instrument is executed, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 505 -SJ 583
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 11/05/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 12/10/19, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Rules
• Introduced -SJ 27
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 123
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/20, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 357
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20 -SJ 653
• Read 2nd time -SJ 582
• Substituted CS/HB 505 -SJ 583
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 505 -SJ 583
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.