2017 Florida Statutes
State university funding.
State university funding.
1011.90 State university funding.—
(1) Planned enrollments for each university as accepted or modified by the Legislature and program cost categories shall be the basis for the allocation of appropriated funds to the universities.
(2) In addition to enrollment-based appropriations, categorical programs shall be established in universities which are not directly related to planned student enrollment. Such programs shall be based upon the assigned missions of the institutions and shall include, but not be limited to, research and public service programs and authority to spend fee revenues collected pursuant to subsection (5) and s. 1009.24. Appropriations by the Legislature and allocations to universities shall be based upon full costs, as determined pursuant to subsection (1), and priorities established by the Legislature.
(3) The Legislature by line item in an appropriations act may identify programs of extraordinary quality for the utilization of state funds to be matched by nonstate and nonfederal sources.
(4) The Board of Governors shall establish and validate a cost-estimating system consistent with the requirements of subsection (1) and shall report as part of its legislative budget request the actual expenditures for the fiscal year ending the previous June 30. Expenditure analysis, operating budgets, and annual financial statements of each university must be prepared using the standard financial reporting procedures and formats prescribed by the Board of Governors. These formats shall be the same as used for the 2000-2001 fiscal year reports. Any revisions to these financial and reporting procedures and formats must be approved by the Executive Office of the Governor and the appropriations committees of the Legislature jointly under the provisions of s. 216.023(3). The Board of Governors shall continue to collect and maintain at a minimum management information existing on June 30, 2002. The expenditure analysis report shall include total expenditures from all sources for the general operation of the university and shall be in such detail as needed to support the legislative budget request.
(5) If the actual enrollment for any university is less than planned enrollment by more than 5 percent for any 2 consecutive fiscal years, the university enrollment plan for the next year shall be reduced. If actual enrollment exceeds planned enrollment by more than 5 percent, an explanation of the excess shall be provided with the next year’s enrollment plan. The analysis of enrollment conducted for implementing this subsection shall be based on the categories of enrollment used in the education and general appropriation.
(6) None of the state or nonstate funds made available to state universities may be used to implement, organize, direct, coordinate, or administer, or to support the implementation, organization, direction, coordination, or administration of, activities related to or involving travel to a terrorist state. For purposes of this section, “terrorist state” is defined as any state, country, or nation designated by the United States Department of State as a state sponsor of terrorism.
History.—s. 683, ch. 2002-387; s. 2, ch. 2006-54; s. 158, ch. 2007-217; s. 26, ch. 2010-78.