2018 Florida Statutes
125.011 Definitions.—As used in ss. 125.011-125.019:
(1) “County” means any county operating under a home rule charter adopted pursuant to ss. 10, 11, and 24, Art. VIII of the Constitution of 1885, as preserved by Art. VIII, s. 6(e) of the Constitution of 1968, which county, by resolution of its board of county commissioners, elects to exercise the powers herein conferred. Use of the word “county” within the above provisions shall include “board of county commissioners” of such county.
(2) “Project” includes any one or any combination of two or more of the following:
(a) Public mass transportation, harbor, port, shipping, and airport facilities of all kinds and includes, but is not limited to, harbors, channels, turning basins, anchorage areas, jetties, breakwaters, waterways, canals, locks, tidal basins, wharves, docks, piers, slips, bulkheads, public landings, warehouses, terminals, refrigerating and cold storage plants, railroads and motor terminals for passengers and freight, rolling stock, car ferries, boats, conveyors and appliances of all kinds for the handling, storage, inspection and transportation of freight and the handling of passenger traffic, airport facilities of all kinds for land and sea planes, including, but not limited to, landing fields, water areas for the landing and taking off of aircraft, hangars, shops, buses, trucks, and all other facilities for the landing, taking off, operating, servicing, repairing, and parking of aircraft, and the loading and unloading and handling of passengers, mail, express and freight;
(b) Administration buildings, toll highways, tunnels, causeways and bridges connected therewith or incident or auxiliary thereto, and may include all property, rights, easements, and franchises relating to any such project and deemed necessary or convenient for the acquisition, construction, purchase, or operation thereof; and
(c) Export trading companies, foreign sales corporations, consulting services corporations, cargo clearance centers, and customs clearance facilities as provided in s. 125.012(26).
(3) “Cost,” as applied to improvements, means the cost of constructing or acquiring improvements, as defined in subsection (2), and shall embrace the cost of all labor and materials, machinery and equipment, financing charges, engineering and legal expenses, plans, specifications, and such other expenses as may be necessary or incident to such construction or acquisition.
(4) “Cost,” as applied to a project acquired, constructed, extended, or enlarged, includes the purchase price of any project acquired; the cost of improvements; the cost of construction, extension or enlargement; the cost of all lands, properties, rights, easements and franchises acquired; the cost of all machinery and equipment, financing charges, interest during construction; and, if deemed advisable, for 1 year after completion of construction, cost of investigations, audits, and engineering and legal services; and all other expenses necessary or incident to determining the feasibility or practicability of such acquisition or construction, administrative expense and such other expenses as may be necessary or incident to the financing herein authorized and to the acquisition or construction of a project and the placing of the same in operation. Any obligation or expense incurred by the county prior to the issuance of revenue bonds under the provisions of s. 125.013 for engineering studies and for estimates of cost and of revenues, and for other technical, financial, or legal services in connection with the acquisition or construction of any project, may be regarded as a part of the cost of such project.
(5) “Board of county commissioners” includes all members of the board of county commissioners in a county whether their offices are created by the Constitution, the Legislature, or by any home rule charter.
History.—s. 1, ch. 71-249; s. 1, ch. 79-291; s. 1, ch. 87-144; s. 22, ch. 91-45.