CS/CS/SB 1000: Discretionary Sales Surtaxes/Fire Rescue Services [EPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Military Affairs and Domestic Security ; Fasano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Aronberg ; Deutch ; Ring
Discretionary Sales Surtaxes/Fire Rescue Services [EPSC]; Authorizes certain counties to levy by ordinance a discretionary sales surtax for emergency fire rescue services and facilities under certain circumstances. Requires a reduction in the budget for ad valorem tax levies and non-ad valorem assessments for emergency fire rescue service by the amount of the estimated surtax. Prohibits a county from levying the surtax within certain multicounty independent special districts, etc.
Last Action: 6/16/2009 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2009-182
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Military Affairs and Domestic Security; Judiciary; Finance and Tax; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Military Affairs and Domestic Security; Judiciary; Finance and Tax; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00062
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/10/09, 10:30 am, 412-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Community Affairs (350640); YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00163
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Military Affairs and Domestic Security -SJ 00163
• On Committee agenda-- Military Affairs and Domestic Security, 03/26/09, 8:30 am, 37-S
• CS by Military Affairs and Domestic Security; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00252; CS read 1st time on 04/01/09 -SJ 00256; Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00252
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/06/09, 4:00 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00339; CS read 1st time on 04/14/09 -SJ 00343
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Finance and Tax -SJ 00339
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 04/20/09, 1:30 pm, 301-S
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00412; Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments); On Committee agenda-- Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means, 04/21/09, 1:30 pm, 412-K --Not received
• Original reference(s) removed: Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00590
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00708; Amendment(s) adopted (920912, 704926, 459890, 246788, 182010) -SJ 00708; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00708
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00758; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00758
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01165; Read 2nd time -HJ 01165; Substituted for CS/CS/HB 365 -HJ 01165; Read 3rd time -HJ 01165; CS passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 8 -HJ 01166
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00991
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2009-182
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.