CS/CS/SB 2626: Telecommunications Companies [EPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Commerce ; Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities ; Haridopolos ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ring ; Oelrich ; Smith ; Bennett ; Gaetz ; Altman ; Pruitt ; Baker
Telecommunications Companies [EPSC]; Creates the "Consumer Choice and Protection Act." Authorizes the DMS to engage in certain activities related to assessing the need for broadband Internet service in the state, planning for such service, and encouraging the statewide deployment of such service. Provides that the price for any service that was treated as basic service before a specified date may not be increased by more than the amount allowed for basic service, etc.
Last Action: 6/24/2009 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2009-226
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Commerce; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00208
• On Committee agenda-- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities, 03/24/09, 1:45 pm, 301-S; Introduced -SJ 00208
• CS by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 00251; CS read 1st time on 04/01/09 -SJ 00272
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute); Now in Commerce -SJ 00251
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 04/01/09, 4:00 pm, 401-S --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 04/06/09, 1:30 pm, 401-S --Pending reconsideration (Unfavorable; YEAS 4 NAYS 5)
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 04/14/09, 4:00 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS by Commerce; YEAS 6 NAYS 4 -SJ 00396; CS read 1st time on 04/16/09 -SJ 00408
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00396; On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/20/09, 1:30 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 3 NAYS 2 -SJ 00412
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00412
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00704; Amendment(s) adopted (449438, 185202) -SJ 00705; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00705
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00761; CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 3 -SJ 00761
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01174; Read 2nd time -HJ 01174; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01174; Substituted for CS/CS/HB 1465 -HJ 01175; Read 3rd time -HJ 01175; CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 1 -HJ 01175
• In returning messages
• Concurred (603747, 325079) -SJ 00995; CS passed as amended (603747, 325079); YEAS 36 NAYS 2 -SJ 00996; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 00996
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2009-226
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.