CS/CS/SB 308: Developmental Disabilities [SPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Health Regulation ; Ring ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Developmental Disabilities [SPSC]; Requires that a physician refer a minor to an appropriate specialist for screening for autism spectrum disorder or other developmental disability and inform the parent or legal guardian of the right to direct access to that specialist under certain circumstances. Requires certain insurers and HMOs to provide direct patient access to an appropriate specialist for screening, evaluation of, or diagnosis for autism spectrum disorder, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2009 House - Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration; Died in Committee on Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Regulation; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Health and Human Services Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Health Regulation; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00023
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 04/06/09, 4:00 pm, 412-K
• CS by Health Regulation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00308; CS read 1st time on 04/07/09 -SJ 00310
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute); Remaining references corrected to Banking and Insurance; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Health and Human Services Appropriations; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00319; Now in Banking and Insurance
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/14/09, 4:00 pm, 412-K
• CS/CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00395; CS read 1st time on 04/16/09 -SJ 00397
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute); Original reference(s) removed: Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Health and Human Services Appropriations; Now in Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00395; On Committee agenda-- Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means, 04/21/09, 1:30 pm, 412-K --Not considered
• Withdrawn from Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00588; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00710; Amendment(s) adopted (198444, 151992) -SJ 00710; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00711
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00759; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00760
• In Messages; Referred to Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC); Health & Family Services Policy Council; Government Operations Appropriations (CGHC); Full Appropriations Council on General Government & Health Care -HJ 01205
• Received -HJ 01205
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration; Died in Committee on Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.