CS/HB 1127: Abortions
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Porter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Albritton ; Baxley ; Broxson ; Burgin ; Coley ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Davis ; Dorworth ; Ford ; Grant ; Ingram ; McKeel ; Metz ; Perry ; Plakon ; Precourt ; Renuart ; Smith ; Snyder ; Stargel ; Van Zant ; Weatherford ; Weinstein
Abortions; Requires that ultrasound be performed on woman obtaining abortion; requires that ultrasound be reviewed with patient before woman gives informed consent for abortion procedure; requires that woman certify in writing that she declined to review ultrasound & did so of her own free will & without undue influence; provides exemption from requirement to view ultrasound for women who are victims of rape, incest, domestic violence, or human trafficking or for women who have serious medical condition necessitating abortion, etc.
Last Action: 6/27/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-224
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 97
• Referred to HHS Quality Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 210
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee, 03/22/11, 8:30 am, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 4 -HJ 282
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 282
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/20/11, 10:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 5 -HJ 761
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 760
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 759
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 783
• Amendment(s) failed (379721, 499423, 860663) -HJ 783
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 811
• CS passed; YEAS 81 NAYS 37 -HJ 811
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 715
• Referred to Health Regulation; Budget; Rules -SJ 715
• Withdrawn from Health Regulation; Budget; Rules -SJ 791
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1744 -SJ 791
• Read 2nd time -SJ 791
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 853
• CS passed; YEAS 24 NAYS 15 -SJ 853
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1218
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-224
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.