CS/SB 2044: Child Protection
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Child Protection; Revising the definitions of the term “abandoned” or “abandonment,” “institutional child abuse or neglect,” and “abandons the child within the context of harm”; revising provisions relating to criminal history records check on persons being considered for placement of a child; requiring that a protective investigation must include an interview with the child’s parent or legal guardian; requiring a home study report if a child has been removed from the home and will be remaining with a parent, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 803 (Ch. 2012-178) -SJ 1044
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget (BC)
• SPB 7166 submitted as a committee bill (SB 2044) by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 265
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/25/12, 3:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 265
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 279
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/09/12, 1:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 500
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 508
• Now in Budget -SJ 500
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 674
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations
• Recalled from Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 674
• Now in Budget
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/28/12, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 722
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 722
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1044
• Amendment(s) adopted (295072, 431992) -SJ 1044
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 803 -SJ 1044
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 803 (Ch. 2012-178) -SJ 1044
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.