CS/SB 210: Costs of Prosecution, Investigation, and Representation
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Wise
Costs of Prosecution, Investigation, and Representation; Providing for the withholding of unpaid costs of prosecution and representation from the return of a cash bond posted on behalf of a criminal defendant; requiring a notice on bond forms of such possible withholding; clarifying the types of cases that are subject to the collection and dispensing of cost payments by the clerk of the court; providing for assessment of costs of prosecution against a juvenile who has been adjudicated delinquent or has adjudication of delinquency withheld, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations (BJA)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 24
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 11/03/11, 10:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/12/12, 10:15 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 24
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 136
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 161
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/19/12, 10:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 210
• Now in Budget -SJ 210
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 268
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 743
• Now in Budget -SJ 743
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 975
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 975
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.