HB 689: American Founders' Month
GENERAL BILL by Bileca ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Artiles ; Baxley ; Bembry ; Campbell ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Fresen ; Gaetz ; Gonzalez ; Julien ; McBurney ; Metz ; Nehr ; Porter ; Ray ; Rooney ; Stargel ; Steinberg ; Wood
American Founders' Month; Designates month of September as "American Founders' Month"; authorizes Governor to annually issue proclamation designating month & urging participation; requires district school boards to celebrate American Founders & principles inherent in country's founding documents by observing American Founders' Month; specifies focus of instruction & authorizes integration into existing school curriculum; requires distribution to school personnel, at beginning of school year, of information relating to patriotic programs.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations (BEA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to K-20 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 68
• Introduced -HJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- K-20 Innovation Subcommittee, 01/24/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by K-20 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 3 -HJ 282
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 282
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/14/12, 11:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 2 -HJ 602
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 602
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/16/12, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 3 -HJ 685
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 685
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/29/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 957
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 977
• Amendment(s) failed (160417, 301237) -HJ 977
• Passed; YEAS 91 NAYS 24 -HJ 977
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 818
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; Budget -SJ 818
• Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.