SB 1802: State Employee Health Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability
State Employee Health Insurance; Modifying the terms “full-time state employees” and “part-time state employee” for the purposes of expressly excluding persons paid from other-personal-services funds who work less than a certain number of hours per week from the state group insurance program; revising provisions relating to employer contributions to employee health savings accounts; providing that an OPS employee meeting certain criteria is eligible to participate in the state group health insurance program, etc.
Last Action: 5/20/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-52, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1500 (Ch. 2013-40), SB 1502 (Ch. 2013-41)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• SPB 7120 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1802) by Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 242
• Introduced -SJ 242
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/03/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 346
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 386
• Read 3rd time -SJ 386
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 386
• The Senate requests that the House pass the bill as passed by the Senate or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -SJ 388
• Immediately certified -SJ 388
• Conference Committee appointed: Appropriations Conference Committee: Negron (Chair), Benacquisto (Vice Chair), Flores (At Large), Gardiner (At Large), Margolis (At Large), Richter (At Large), Smith (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Appropriations Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice: Bradley (Chair), Clemens, Diaz de la Portilla, Garcia, Joyner; Appropriations Conference Committee on Education: Galvano (Chair), Bullard, Detert, Legg, Montford, Sachs, Thrasher; Appropriations Conference Committee on Finance and Tax: Hukill (Chair), Abruzzo, Altman, Brandes, Evers, Ring, Simmons; Appropriations Conference Committee on General Government: Hays (Chair), Braynon, Dean, Simpson, Soto, Stargel; Appropriations Conference Committee on Health and Human Services: Grimsley (Chair), Bean, Flores, Gibson, Sobel; Appropriations Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development: Gardiner (Chair), Latvala, Lee, Margolis, Thompson -SJ 396
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 463
• Read 2nd time -HJ 551
• Amendment(s) adopted (797117) -HJ 551
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 603
• Passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 603
• Refused to concur, acceded to request for conference committee -HJ 606
• Immediately certified -HJ 606
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives McKeel (Chair), Crisafulli, Coley (At Large), Gonzalez (At Large), Holder (At Large), O'Toole (At Large), Precourt (At Large), Schenck (At Large), Workman (At Large), Young (At Large), Gibbons (At Large), Jones (At Large), Rouson (At Large), Thurston (At Large), Waldman (At Large) -HJ 675
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 1105
• Conference Committee Report adopted (321700) -SJ 1107
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 1107
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 1219
• Conference Committee Report adopted (321700) -HJ 1220
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1221
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1404
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-52, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1500 (Ch. 2013-40), SB 1502 (Ch. 2013-41)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.