SB 1830: Ad Valorem Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations
Ad Valorem Taxation; Providing that the postmark date of commercial mail delivery service is considered the date of filing for certain ad valorem applications or returns; providing that a change of ownership for purposes of assessing property at just value does not apply to lessees entitled to the homestead; providing that aquacultural crops are exempt from taxation until marketable; deleting the express requirement that titleholders of homesteads live on the homestead in order to qualify for homestead tax exemption, etc.
Last Action: 5/30/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-72, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 247 (Ch. 2013-192), CS/CS/HB 437 (Ch. 2013-83)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• SPB 7130 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1830) by Appropriations
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 281
• Introduced -SJ 281
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 480
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 480
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 538
• Amendment(s) adopted (262058, 578602, 656556, 854862) -SJ 539
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 539
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 657
• Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 657
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 980
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Received -HJ 980
• Read 2nd time
• Substituted for CS/HB 7159 -HJ 1016
• Placed on 3rd reading -HJ 1016
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1051
• Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 1 -HJ 1052
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 986
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-72, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 247 (Ch. 2013-192), CS/CS/HB 437 (Ch. 2013-83)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.