CS/SB 2: Ethics
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Ethics and Elections ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Latvala ; Gardiner ; Thrasher ; Legg ; Lee ; Benacquisto ; Flores ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Gaetz ; Abruzzo ; Altman ; Bean ; Bradley ; Brandes ; Braynon ; Bullard ; Clemens ; Dean ; Detert ; Evers ; Galvano ; Garcia ; Gibson ; Grimsley ; Hays ; Hukill ; Joyner ; Margolis ; Montford ; Negron ; Richter ; Ring ; Sachs ; Simmons ; Simpson ; Smith ; Sobel ; Soto ; Stargel ; Thompson
Ethics; Prohibiting public officers from accepting additional employment with the state or any of its political subdivisions under specified conditions; providing circumstances under which the Commission on Ethics must determine if an attorney or a certified public accountant failed to disclose information provided by the filing individual on the filed statement; authorizing the commission to collect an unpaid fine within a specified period of issuance of the final order; deleting references to committees of continuous existence, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-36, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 4 (Ch. 2013-38)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• SPB 7006 submitted as a committee bill (SB 2) by Ethics and Elections
• Referred to Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 9
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/06/13, 10:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Community Affairs (937534, 159386); YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 113
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Rules -SJ 113
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/19/13, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 114
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 114
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/13
• Introduced -SJ 6,8
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 104
• Read 2nd time -SJ 104
• Amendment(s) adopted (350372, 355398, 665866, 675632, 928480, 933218) -SJ 7
• Read 3rd time -SJ 7
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 8
• Immediately certified -SJ 8
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 693
• Received -HJ 692
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• Substituted for CS/HB 7131 -HJ 744
• Read 2nd time -HJ 744
• Amendment(s) adopted (005347) -HJ 760
• Read 3rd time -HJ 760
• Amendment(s) adopted (138921) -HJ 760
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 760
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (005347) -SJ 562, 576
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 576
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 576
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 591
• Approved by Governor -SJ 1050
• Chapter No. 2013-36, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 4 (Ch. 2013-38)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.