CS/CS/HB 27: Statewide Prepaid Dental Program
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Health Innovation Subcommittee ; Diaz, J. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Coley ; Fresen ; Hager ; Harrell ; Hood ; Rooney
Statewide Prepaid Dental Program; Creates Medicaid statewide prepaid dental program; directs AHCA to contract with prepaid dental health plans meeting specified criteria; directs agency to apply for & implement state plan amendments or waivers of applicable federal laws & regulations necessary to implement program; directs agency to procure licensed prepaid dental health plans; prohibiting the agency from extending certain contracts; provides that enrollment is contingent upon implementation of state plan amendments or federal waivers; provides for eligible children to receive dental services through Medicaid managed medical assistance program until plan is implemented; requires notice to recipients regarding transition from Medicaid managed medical assistance program to statewide program; requires agency to submit an annual report to Governor & Legislature; removes requirement that managed care plans participating in Medicaid managed assistance program provide pediatric dental services.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Innovation Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 11
• On Committee agenda-- Health Innovation Subcommittee, 02/11/14, 3:30 pm, 306 HOB
• CS by Health Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 3 -HJ 252
• Introduced -HJ 11
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Health Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 250
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 336
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/03/14, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 6 -HJ 466
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 462
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 475
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.