CS/CS/SB 1216: Professional Sports Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Commerce and Tourism ; Latvala
Professional Sports Facilities; Revising the distribution of moneys to certified applicants for a facility used by a spring training franchise under specified provisions; authorizing a distribution for an applicant that has been approved by the Legislature and certified by the Department of Economic Opportunity under specified provisions; providing for municipalities and counties to expend an increased portion of local government half-cent sales tax revenues to reimburse the state as required by a contract; providing that certain professional sports facilities are designated as shelter sites for the homeless during declared federal, state, or local emergencies, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7095 (Ch. 2014-167) -SJ 919
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations -SJ 98
• Introduced -SJ 98
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/24/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 335
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 347
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 335
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/10/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 2 -SJ 515
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 515
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 518
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 806
• Read 2nd time -SJ 918
• Substituted CS/HB 7095 -SJ 919
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7095 (Ch. 2014-167) -SJ 919
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.