CS/HB 7095: Professional Sports Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Economic Affairs Committee ; Patronis ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Taylor
Professional Sports Facilities; Revising the distribution of moneys to certified applicants for a facility used by a spring training franchise under specified provisions; providing for municipalities and counties to expend an increased portion of local government half-cent sales tax revenues to reimburse the state as required by a contract; requiring the Department of Economic Opportunity to screen applicants for state funding for sports development; providing that certain professional sports facilities are designated as shelter sites for the homeless during declared federal, state, or local emergencies, etc.
Last Action: 6/20/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-167
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 201
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 287
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/01/14, 2:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 2 -HJ 458
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 455
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 465
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 684
• Amendment(s) adopted (326865, 552287) -HJ 685
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 748
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 93 NAYS 16 -HJ 748
• In Messages
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations -SJ 713
• Received -SJ 713
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations -SJ 919
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 919
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1216 -SJ 919
• Read 2nd time -SJ 919
• Amendment(s) adopted (829928) -SJ 919
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1043
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted as amended (727844) -SJ 1044
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 3 -SJ 1044
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 971
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (727844) -HJ 976
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 89 NAYS 27 -HJ 976
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 976
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-167
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.