CS/CS/HB 1385: Inspectors General
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Government Operations Subcommittee ; Raulerson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Young
Inspectors General; Revises provisions relating to appointment & removal of Chief Inspector General & duties, appointment, & removal of agency inspectors general.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-144
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 113
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 271
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/25/14, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 366
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 361
• Original reference(s) removed: State Affairs Committee
• CS referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 426
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 426
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/10/14, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 8 -HJ 530
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 527
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 540
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 627
• Amendment(s) adopted (076689, 257765, 565931) -HJ 627
• Read 3rd time -HJ 628
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 628
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 595
• Received -SJ 595
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 858
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 858
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1328 -SJ 858
• Read 2nd time -SJ 858
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1036
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 1 -SJ 1036
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 960
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-144
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.