CS/CS/SB 698: Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Regulated Industries ; Bradley
Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco; Requiring the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco to grant a one-time written waiver or extension of certain requirements to specified licensees; requiring an alcoholic beverage distributor to charge a deposit for certain alcoholic beverage sales; authorizing the division to issue temporary permits to charitable organizations, municipalities, and counties to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises of an event; authorizing a licensed distributor to transport alcoholic beverages through certain premises under specified circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 4/6/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-190, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7099 (Ch. 2016-220)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Fiscal Policy -SJ 51
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 01/13/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 51
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 218
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 218
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 01/25/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 247
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 247
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/04/16, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 310
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/18/16
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 451
• Amendment(s) adopted (284732, 319680, 421950, 423324, 462062, 598330) -SJ 451
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 454
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 484
• Amendment(s) adopted (576758) -SJ 484
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 484
• Immediately certified -SJ 494
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 635
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• Received -HJ 634
• Substituted for CS/HB 1079 -HJ 714
• Read 2nd time -HJ 714
• Amendment(s) adopted (481307, 873191) -HJ 718
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 736
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 1 -HJ 737
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (023647) -SJ 922, 926
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 926
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 926
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-190, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7099 (Ch. 2016-220)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.