SB 80: Family Trust Companies
GENERAL BILL by Richter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Soto
Family Trust Companies; Revising the purposes of the Family Trust Company Act; specifying the applicability of other chapters of the financial institutions codes to family trust companies; revising the requirements for investigations of license applicants by the Office of Financial Regulation; revising the authority of specified family trust companies while acting as fiduciaries to purchase certain bonds and securities, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Fiscal Policy -SJ 9
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 10/06/15, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 126
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 11/17/15, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 12/03/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Introduced -SJ 9
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/15/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 216
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 232
• Passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 233
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 499
• Received -HJ 498
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Substituted for HB 17 -HJ 551
• Read 2nd time -HJ 551
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 584
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 584
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 520
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 652
• Approved by Governor -SJ 992
• Chapter No. 2016-35
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.